Condensed Matter Physics
Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Klingeler
Lecturer: R. Klingeler / A. Reiser
Lectures will be given onlina via Zoom; invitation has been sent to registered students.
Tuesday, 11:15 - 13:00 h (INF 308, HS2)
Thursday, 11:15 - 13:00 h (INF 308, HS2)
- Extendend Table of Contents with lecture slides, some lecture notes and further reading
- Recommended literature
Tutorials: Tue + Wed (Online via zoom; see top of page)
- The tutorials will be held using Zoom. Your tutor will send you an invitation email. The tutorial dates and times remain unchanged with respect to the course catalog at LSF.
- The homework is handed in via the upload tool in the tutorial database.
- Please hand in pdf-files only for file handling reasons. Please do not send photographs in jpg or similiar picture formats. File size optimization is helpful in times of limited bandwidths ...
- We recommend to use a scanner or scanner app, for example Microsoft Office Lens or others. Please scan the solutions to form a single pdf.
After completing the course the students
- have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of condensed matter physics.
- they understand the principles of formation of condensed matter and have learnt experimental methods to study structural properties. They are familiar with the reciprocal space.
- they understand fundamental electronic models, become aquainted with bandstructure and can describe simple crystalline materials as metals, seminconductors, and insulators.
- they can apply the basic concepts to understand optical and magnetic properties of matter and superconductivity.
- they know the relevant experimental methods for probing structural, optical, magnetic, and electronic properties of condensed matter and can analyse the experimental results.
- get insight into modern trends in experimental condensed matter physics.
- Group 1 (Skibbe)
(INF 227 / SR 3.402) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 7), Tue 14:15 - 16:00
- Group 2 (Reifenberger)
(INF 227 / SR 3.404) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 8), Tue 14:15 - 16:00
- Group 3 (Reiser)
(INF 227 / SR 2.402) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 7), Wed 09:15 - 11:00
- Group 4 (Kemerink)
(INF 227 / SR 2.403) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 8), Wed 09:15 - 11:00
- Group 5 (Huck)
(INF 227 / SR 3.402) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 7), Wed 14:15 - 16:00
- Group 6 (Hengstler)
(INF 227 / SR 2.402) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 7), Wed 16:15 - 18:00
- Group 7 (Skibbe)
(INF 227 / SR 3.404) virtual ZOOM meeting (R 7), Tue 16:15 - 18:00
- Group 8 (Reiser)
virtual, ZOOM meeting (R 9), Tue 14:15 - 16:00
Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Klingeler
Link zum LSF